All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this essential guide to one of the most difficult yet rewarding poems of the twentieth century, William Cookson (who began corresponding with Pound as a schoolboy in 1957) draws on a deep and intimate kwledge of Pound's life and work. This edition incorporates much new information and has been substantially revised and expanded. William Cookson gives lucid critical overviews to the various sections of the poem, clarifying its purpose and structure and explaining the views on literature, history and ecomics that inform Pound's poetry. His detailed commentary on each canto addresses the major stumbling-blocks for readers by translating foreign phrases, identifying quotations and explaining allusions.
- Author BiographyWilliam Cookson was a poet, critic and the founding editor of Agenda, which has since the 1960s championed the work of Ezra Pound, David Jones and Geoffrey Hill among other distinguished modern poets. He is the editor of 'Ezra Pound: Selected Prose 1909-1965' (1973.
- Author(s)William Cookson
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/01/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Content Note1 map
- Weight395 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.