All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first title in the Minack Chronicles, which tell the story of how Derek and his wife Jeannie left behind their London home to establish a flower farm on the coast of Cornwall. From inauspicious beginnings, this book includes tales of the couple's first animals, including Monty the ginger cat, and takes us through trials and tribulations until the arrival of a gull on the roof provides the first augury of better times to come.
- Author BiographyDerek Tangye (1912-1996) was the author of the much-loved books that collectively became known as 'The Minack Chronicles'. They told the story of how he and his wife Jean left behind their cosmopolitan lifestyle in London to relocate to a clifftop daffodil farm in Cornwall. There they lived in a simple cottage surrounded by their beloved animals, which featured regularly in his books. In their later years, the Tangyes bought the fields next to their cottage which are now preserved as the Minack Chronicles Nature Reserve.
- Author(s)Derek Tangye
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication20/02/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleMinak Chronicles
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight108 g
- Width180 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.