All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if the good life has less to do with prestige and plenty and more to do with prudence, hope and faith? Would you still want a guide to get there? Maybe the idea of a life based on the virtues creates an uneasy feeling. Too hard, you might think, too boring. Robert Lockwood sets the record straight in A Guy s Guide to the Good Life. Lockwood weaves Scripture, Church teaching and everyday stories from Babe Ruth s funeral to the author s doomed efforts to make the varsity basketball team revealing the virtues for what they really are: a call to action and our tie to the living God. The virtuous life isn t just the good life; it s the best life, the life you were made for.
- Author BiographyAward-winning Catholic columnist, editor and author ROBERT P. LOCKWOOD is the director of communications for the Diocese of Pittsburgh and general manager of the Pittsburgh Catholic. He wrote A Faith for Grown-Ups: A Midlife Conversation about What Really Matters (Loyola Press).
- Author(s)Robert P Lockwood
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight186 g
- Width134 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.