All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHouses and gardens, remembered or imagined, dominate Neil Powell's sixth Carcanet collection. They range from a recollection of his grandmother's home in Chelsea to an abandoned, fog-shrouded building on the East Anglian coast; from a magical childhood garden in the Surrey hills to the composer Gerald Finzi's orchard in Hampshire. There is a sequence of sonnets set in the Waveney valley and a series of varied epigrams arranged as an alphabetical catalogue raisonne. As so often in Neil Powell's work, the North Sea laps at the edges of poems lit by the great Suffolk sky. Friends are recalled, birthdays celebrated, and A Halfway House ends with a moving elegy for the poet's father.
- Author BiographyNEIL POWELL, born in London in 1948, has taught English, owned a bookshop and, since 1990, been a full-time author and editor. He lives in Suffolk. His Carcanet books include five collections of poetry, including a Selected Poems (1998), two prose books and The Language of Jazz. George Crabbe: an English Life, is published by Pimlico in March 2004.
- Author(s)Neil Powell
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight91 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.