Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionListen carefully...She has something to say. --Joseph Brodsky Tzveta Sofronieva's poetry sparkles. Her memories go from Homer and Dostoyevski to Charlie Chaplin's dance steps. Above all Sofronieva is a mythological poet. Each narration is a Cavafian voyage, never completed in order to wonder. The lucent version by Chantal Wright captures the verse and fluid images of Sofronieva's poetry--Willis Barnstone, judge Tzveta Sofronieva was born in Sofia in 1963 and lives in Berlin, Germany. She is the author of eight poetry books and a short story collection, and was the winner of the first Cliff Becker Prize for Translation. This bilingual English/German collection is Sofronieva's first in the Untied States. Chantal Wright is an assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Author BiographyTzveta Sofronieva: A physicist and historian of science by training, Tzveta Sofronieva is the author of nine collections of poetry. Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, she settled in Berlin, Germany in 1992. A Hand Full of Water was published in German in 2008. She is currently the Max Kade Writer-in-Residence at MIT in Boston. Chantal Wright: Chantal Wright is Assistant Professor of German and Translation at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Her translation of Tzveta Sofronieva's Eine Hand voll Wasser (A Hand Full of Water) was supported by an award from PEN American Center's 2009 translation fund.
- Author(s)Tzveta Sofronieva
- PublisherWhite Pine Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- Languageeng, ger
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBuffalo
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Pine Press
- Weight171 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byChantal Wright
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.