All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis major Handbook consists of 29 contributions that explore the full range of exciting and interesting work on money and finance currently taking place within heterodox ecomics. There are many themes and facets of alternative monetary and financial ecomics but two major ones can be identified. The first concerns the nature of money: money is credit created through the financial system in the process of loan creation. The second theme is that money is endogeus and t exogeus. Contributions to the Handbook cover the origins and nature of money, detailed analyses of endogeus money, surveys of empirical work on endogeus money and the nature of monetary policy when money is endogeus. The second theme focuses on the financial system, and the perception that it is generally subject to volatility, instability and crisis. This Handbook will undoubtedly serve as the ultimate guide to the full spectrum of alternative monetary ecomics. Philip Arestis and Malcolm Sawyer have performed an invaluable task in compiling a comprehensive Handbook, written by leading specialists, that will be required reading by upper level undergraduate and postgraduate students studying money, finance and macroecomics as well as heterodox and monetary ecomists more generally.
- Author BiographyEdited by Philip Arestis, University Director of Research, Cambridge Centre for Economic and Public Policy, Department of Land Economy, University of Cambridge and Fellow, Wolfson College, UK and Malcolm Sawyer, Professor of Economics, University of Leeds, UK
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width244 mm
- Height169 mm
- Edited byMalcolm Sawyer,Philip Arestis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.