All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world is going through an exceptional commodity boom triggered by a global demand shock largely caused by the sudden emergence of China and India as sizeable raw material importers. Prices of numerous commodities tripled between 2003 and 2006, resulting in huge windfalls for producers and a financial squeeze on consumers. A Handbook of Primary Commodities in the Global Ecomy is a guide to the ins and outs of this increasingly crucial part of the world ecomy. Assuming thing more from readers than a basic understanding of ecomics, Marian Radetzki introduces and explains pertinent issues surrounding international commodity markets such as the global geography of raw materials, price formation, price trends, the role of commodity exchanges, the threat of depletion, cartel action, state ownership and the commodity nationalism.
- Author BiographyMarian Radetzki is Professor of Economics at Lulea University of Technology, Sweden. He is the author of over 20 books and has undertaken a number of consulting assignments for multinational corporations, governments of developing countries, and international organizations like the World Bank and the UNDP.
- Author(s)Marian Radetzki
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus. 25 tables
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.