All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who has taught Classical Hebrew kws the importance and the difficulty of helping students make the transition from completing exercises in an introductory grammar to reading the biblical text on their own. Training students to use the reference grammars so that their learning of Hebrew can continue independently is particularly difficult. It is with this in mind that Hebrew Reader for Ruth was created. Hebrew Reader for Ruth presents the complete Hebrew text of the book of Ruth, a verse-by-verse translation, and an analysis of every word, including morphology, meaning, and syntax. Further, utilizing all of the standard reference grammars, Vance references every discussion of Ruth found in them, usually including the discussion itself in quotation or in summary. The book of Ruth makes an excellent first text for students of Classical Hebrew, with its interesting story and standard grammar (including a number of feminine verb forms), and Hebrew Reader for Ruth is intended for classroom and personal study. Worksheets are also available to facilitate and reinforce learning by providing space for students to parse each form and translate each verse.
- Author BiographyDonald R. Vance, associate professor of biblical languages and literature at Oral Roberts University, studied Northwest Semitic Philology at the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago and received a PhD in Biblical Interpretation from the Joint Doctoral Program of the University of Denver and the Iliff School of Theology. He is the author of The Question of Meter in Biblical Hebrew Poetry.
- Author(s)Donald R Vance
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight200 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.