Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionImagine the world that we live in and all of the people that you kw and have ever met. Some are family, others friends and associates, but suppose that 1 out of every twenty of them is something more than a mere man or woman; they are alien beings from the planet Venus, and though they are superior to us in every way they have lived peacefully amongst our kind for the past several decades. But w, a faction of their race has decided that their time for humility has come to its end. They send cyborgs out on a global campaign to capture and detain all of mankind until the day of Harvest, but thanks to your best friends' intervention you are one of the few to escape. Such is the plight of the story's main character, Derek, and written in journal form are his personal experiences and thoughts of a world where humans are longer the dominate species on earth. Taken in by his best friend Kiito's family, who are also Venusian, Derek goes through the motions of learning all that he can about their kind, and by chance he discovers that he himself is a Hybrid. Half human and half Venusian, the fact that he has the same capabilities as his full blooded counterparts thrills him to end, but the responsibility that he feels in regard to his newfound power compels him to reluctantly join in the Rebellion's effort to liberate mankind through war with the tyrannical Conglomerate. Nevertheless, before he has the time to make peace with that decision he is presented with an opportunity to help make the world a better place than it was before; a planet where personal agendas are a thing of the past, political gain plays part in doing what's right for society and people are once again free to sleep with their doors unlocked. It is a state of being for which Derek has always dreamed of, and all that he has to do in order to bring it to fruition is form a secret alliance with a third party. Blinded by the possibilities, he fools himself into believing that accepting the offer and keeping it a secret is in everyone's best interest, but, when the time comes to fulfill that oath he realizes the ramifications that his treachery may bring. Because his insight comes too late to warn the Rebellion of the intended ambush upon their forces, a personal sacrifice has to me made, but will it be eugh to protect them and all of mankind from what lurks on the horizon.
- Author(s)Templeton Walker
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.