All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- Description***Selected for the 2010 Chief of the United States Air Force's Reading List*** This one-volume anthology provides a comprehensive analysis of the role that air power has played in military conflicts over the past century. Comprising sixteen essays penned by a global cadre of leading military experts, A History of Air Warfare chrologically examines the utility of air power from the First World War to the second Leban war, campaign by campaign. Each essay lays out the objectives, events, and key players of the conflict in question, reviews the role of air power in the strategic and operational contexts, and explores the interplay between the political framework and military operations proper. The concluding section offers wider perspectives by focusing on air and space power in both unconventional and conventional warfare from 1913 to the present. More than a simple homage to air power, A History of Air Warfare exposes air power's strengths and weaknesses and, where relevant, illuminates the challenges of joint operations and coalition warfare. Because of its critical approach, even treatment, and historical background, the book will appeal to modern warfare scholars, air power specialists, and general readers interested in military history alike.
- Author BiographyJOHN ANDREAS OLSEN is a lieutenant colonel in the Royal Norwegian Air Force and the director of strategic studies at the Norwegian Command and Staff College in Oslo. During Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003, he served as an expert commentator for Norwegian media, and he has lectured widely in Europe and the United States. His previous publications include Strategic Air Power in Desert Storm and John Warden and the Renaissance of American Air Power (Potomac Books, Inc., 2007). He lives in Oslo, Norway.
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note27 B&W
- Weight907 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.