All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the first explorers to present-day Australians, via the great migrations of the centuries in between, Australia's story has been shaped by movement and mobility. This cultural, political and social history offers a clear chrological narrative which brings to life the ideas, hopes and journeys of Australia's past and present.
- Author BiographyMARK PEEL is Professor of Modern Cultural and Social History and Head of History at the University of Liverpool, UK, having previously been a Professor and Head of School at Monash University, Australia. He is the author of Good Times, Hard Times: The Past and the Future in Elizabeth, The Lowest Rung: Voices of Australian Poverty and Miss Cutler and the Case of the Resurrected Horse: Dramatising Poverty in American, Australian and British Social Work. CHRISTINA TWOMEY is Associate Professor of History at Monash University, Australia. She has published widely on the cultural history of war, and is the author of Australia's Forgotten Prisoners: Civilians Interned by the Japanese in World War II and Deserted and Destitute: Motherhood, Wife Desertion and Colonial Welfare.
- Author(s)Christina Twomey,Mark Peel
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitlePalgrave Essential Histories Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight410 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.