A History of Environmental Politics Since 1945 by Samuel P. Hays (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong before public life in America was enlivened with such dramatic sound bites as acid rain, global warming, rain forests and the ozone layer, Samuel P. Hays was well launched in his career of tracking environmental politics. His first foray, a book on the early 20th century conservation movement, published in 1958, helped to launch environmental history as a field, and his continued writings after coming to the University of Pittsburgh in 1960 helped to bring the field to full flower. Now he has produced ather volley which promises to continue to energize this growing and dynamic field of study, A History of Environmental Politics Since 1945 . Hays provides an overview of environmental politics during the last half century, both in its formative and in its maturing years, that will be useful to those who are actively engaged in environmental affairs and those who wish to watch and assess it from the sidelines. His themes are both simple and diverse. His overall focus is on the emergence of an environmental culture that has engaged millions of Americans in varied ways of thought and action, on the one hand, and the intense opposition to that drive on the other. Hays traces these themes through a wide range of issues such as the role of nature in an urban society; pollution and its causes and effects; the impact of an ever increasing population and its voracious appetite to consume. At the same time, he follows these threads through science, techlogy, ecomics, management, the structure of politics and the results of policy. A History of Environmental Politics Since 1945 provides an introduction to the subject for both the specialist and the lay audience, the general public and the student. The text provides a high level of insight that will inform both those who are environmental experts and those who wish to take a first step at grasping the meaning of environmental issues. It constitutes a formative guide for a subject that promises to engage the nation ever more fully in the years to come.
- Author(s)Samuel P. Hays
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2000
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.