All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA riveting narrative history of food as seen through 100 recipes, from ancient Egyptian bread to modernist cuisine.We all love to eat, and most people have a favorite ingredient or dish. But how many of us kw where our much-loved recipes come from, who invented them, and how they were originally cooked? In A HISTORY OF FOOD IN 100 RECIPES, culinary expert and BBC television personality William Sitwell explores the fascinating history of cuisine from the first cookbook to the first cupcake, from the invention of the sandwich to the rise of food television. A book you can read straight through and also use in the kitchen, A HISTORY OF FOOD IN 100 RECIPES is a perfect gift for any food lover who has ever wondered about the origins of the methods and recipes we w take for granted.
- Author BiographyWilliam Sitwell is the editor of Waitrose Kitchen magazine, can regularly be seen on TV programs such as BBC2's Food & Drink and Masterchef: The Professionals, and writes about food for a variety of newspapers and magazines. Following an early career in newspapers, he came to prominence in the food world after 1999 when he joined the then titled Waitrose Food Illustrated, of which he became editor in 2002. He subsequently won a string of awards, including Editor of the Year in 2005, for the magazine's writing, stories, design and photography. He spends his spare time growing vegetables, cooking, and making cider at his home in Northamptonshire, England, where he lives with his wife, Laura, and their children, Alice and Albert. This is his first book.
- Author(s)William Sitwell
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication18/06/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Weight1089 g
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.74
- AU $38.27Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $43.54Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.34
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $32.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.