All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides an up-to-date and comprehensive survey of Hungarian history, from the pre-historic age to the present day. Kontler adeptly steers the reader through ancient times, the great migration of peoples, and the creation and troubles of a Christian monarchy that arose in the region wedged between the Germanic and Russian lands. The author also explores the factors involved in the centuries-long process which has put Hungary at a disadvantage in coping with the challenges of modernity, including the country's ecomic backwardness, the social structure, revolutions, wars of independence, and territorial losses. A brief epilogue looks at Hungary's present process of transition to democracy.
- Author BiographyLASZLO KONTLER is Head of History at The Central European University in Budapest.
- Author(s)Laszlo Kontler
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication02/10/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight702 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.