All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Roman Londinium to the seething modern metropolis of today, journey through 2,000 years of the world's most vibrant capital. Shaped by invasion, occupation and immigration, and upheavals as diverse as the Great Fire, the Blitz and the Big Bang, London's history is unmatched for variety and drama. Sharing his passion and expert kwledge, David Long selects 100 places that best tell this incredible story. Discover Roman temples, Saxon burial mounds, frost fairs on the frozen Thames, Georgian windmills, and one old brown shoe, each with its own unique insight into a critical period of London's evolution. Whether you prefer to explore history on your feet or from an armchair, this little book will captivate and surprise, revealing oft-overlooked gems among the famous landmarks and the hidden stories locked within.
- Author BiographyWriter and journalist David Long has regularly appeared in The Times and the London Evening Standard, as well as on TV and radio. He has written a number of books on London, including Spectacular Vernacular, Tunnels, Towers & Temples and the highly successful Little Book of London. He lives in Suffolk, England.
- Author(s)David Long
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Note15 black & white line drawings, 1 maps
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.