All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise and balanced survey of heresy and inquisition in the Middle Ages examines the dynamic interplay between competing medieval tions of Christian observance, tracing the escalating confrontations between piety, reform, dissent, and Church authority between 1100 and 1500. Jennifer Kolpacoff Deane explores the diverse regional and cultural settings in which key disputes over scripture, sacraments, and spiritual hierarchies erupted, events increasingly shaped by new ecclesiastical ideas and inquisitorial procedures. Incorporating recent research and debates in the field, her analysis brings to life a compelling issue that profoundly influenced the medieval world.
- Author BiographyJennifer Kolpacoff Deane is associate professor of history at the University of Minnesota, Morris.
- Author(s)Jennifer Kolpacoff Deane
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/01/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCritical Issues in World and International History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.