All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAgainst the backdrop of the tumultuous '70s and '80s in Argentina, Pauls tells the story of his protagonist's life and his country's history, through one potent lens: money, gained and lost. Argentina, the 70s. The syndicates have been taken over by the radicalised left wing, the industrial belt of Bues Aires is w referred to as the red belt, and a top executive of an iron and steel company dies after his helicopter, travelling towards the factory, plummets into the river. The briefcase full of money which he was carrying disappears without a trace.
- Author BiographyBorn in Buenos Aires in 1959, ALAN PAULS is a novelist, as well as a film and literary critic and essayist. He has worked as a professor of literary theory at the University of Buenos Aires and an editor for the daily paper Pagina/12. He also founded the magazine Lecturas Criticas. His novel The Past received the prestigious Herralde Prize in 2003 and was made into a movie starring Gael Garcia Bernal. ELLIE ROBINS is a translator from Spanish and has worked in publishing in the US and the UK.
- Author(s)Alan Pauls
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Weight354 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byEllie Robins
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.