All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a first history of Pakistani literature written in English. It includes those authors who either migrated to Pakistan or whose work is highly relevant to the themes engaging the writers of the new country in the years immediately before and after Partition. It contains a historical account of the vels, drama, belles lettres, and especially of poetry, written from the late 1940s until 1988, when this book was first written. It also contains a bibliography which is important since some of this material is w untraceable. Although there have been considerable later additions to the genres covered in this history, there is other comparable historical account of Pakistani literature in English during these first forty years. This book covers the course of post-colonial literature in Pakistan and the new course on Pakistani Literature in English that is being taught at universities in Pakistan.
- Author BiographyTariq Rahman PhD is presently Dean, School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at the Beaconhouse National University, Lahore. He is also HEC Distinguished National Professor and Professor Emeritus at the National Institute of Pakistan Studies, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. Dr Rahman has been a guest professor in Denmark and Spain, and a Fulbright research scholar (1995a96) at the University of Texas at Austin, USA. He was also the first incumbent of the Pakistan Chair at University of California, Berkeley (2004a05). He has been a research fellow at the Oxford Centre of Islamic Studies and the South Asia Institute at the University of Heidelberg. He is the recipient of several awards: the Presidential Pride of Performance (1994), HEC Lifetime Achievement Award, the highly prestigious Humboldt Research Award (2012) from Germany, and the Sitara-i-Imtiaz in 2013. In 2014, he was awarded a DLitt by the University of Sheffield for all of his published research.
- Author(s)Tariq Rahmam
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight346 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.