All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionConceived originally as a serious presentation of the development of philosophy for Catholic seminary students, Frederick Copleston's nine-volume A History Of Philosophy has journeyed far beyond the modest purpose of its author to universal acclaim as the best history of philosophy in English.
- Author BiographyFrederick Copleston (1907-1994) grew up in England. He was raised in an Anglican home but converted to Catholicism while a student at Marlborough College. He later became a Jesuit and then pursued a career in academia. He studied and lectured at Heythrop College and wrote an eleven-volume History of Philosophy, which is highly respected. He also spent time teaching at Gregorian University in Rome and, after he retired, lectured at Santa Clara University in California. He was appointed a member of the British Academy in 1970. He is famous for debating Betrand Russell over the existence of God in a 1948 BBC broadcast.
- Author(s)Frederick C. Copleston
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/1998
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.