Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $98.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA contemporary and engaging student friendly text with a multinational focus conveys the dynamism of the science of psychology. Student focused features offer social context, explore interdisciplinary relationships, reinforce critical thinking and ultimately show the impact and application of the science. Key features: - Each chapter begins with a highly engaging vignette or opening case, which features a familiar-to-most-students theme or topic. - Multinational and multicultural emphasis examines the development of psychology from around the world. - The text examines contemporary psychology yet does t give short shrift to the roots of psychology. - Each chapter contains a section on the impact of psychology on society as well as societal influences on the discipline which includes its influence in various fields such as medicine, education, work, criminal justice, business, advertising, and entertainment. - 'Case In Point' boxes give students the opportunity to come to their own conclusions about issues and think critically about biases that may have influenced psychology. - Chapter opening time charts place main events, names, and theories in a visual, chrological perspective of psychology's past and present - 'In their own words' boxes display quotes made by famous psychologists and other scholars about psychological research and its applications - Checkpoints, chapter summaries and end-of-chapter key terms help students review and prepare for exams
- Author BiographyEric B. Shiraev is a professor and researcher at George Mason University. He received his PhD in political psychology from St Petersburg University, Russia, and completed a post-doctoral program at University of California, Los Angeles. He has extensive teaching and research experience at a number of distinguished universities both in the United States and abroad. Shiraev is the author, co-author, and/or co-editor of fourteen books and numerous publications in the fields of cross-cultural psychology, political psychology, and comparative studies. In addition to his teaching and scholarly pursuits, he also writes opinion essays for think-tanks, nongovernment organizations, and the media. Shiraev's research interests include: history of science, comparative history of psychology, cross-cultural psychology, historical theories of abnormal behavior, political psychology, folk beliefs, scientific foundations of spirituality, and psychology of social adjustment and immigration.
- Author(s)Eric B. Shiraev
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/12/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date02/07/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.