Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $157.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $180.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEric Shiraev provides a fresh, accessible, and global approach to teaching about the history of psychology. Each chapter in A History of Psychology provides a thorough and global view of psychology's interaction with culture and society in different periods beginning in the ancient times and stretching through the Middle Ages and the modern period to the current millennium. Without reducing the discussion of both contemporary and classic themes and theories, this textbook endorses a more diversified, inclusive approach to psychological kwledge. Constant connections between past and present, a clear and engaging style, along with plentiful examples, visual aids, and critical-thinking questions make this an enjoyable text for students. Features: * Each chapter begins with a highly engaging vignette or opening case, which features a familiar-to-most-students theme or topic. * Global and multicultural emphasis examines the development of psychology from around the world. * The text examines contemporary psychology yet does t give short shrift to the roots of psychology. * Each chapter contains a section on the impact of psychology on society as well as societal influences on the discipline which includes its influence in various fields such as medicine, education, work, criminal justice, business, advertising, and entertainment. *Case In Point boxes give students the opportunity to come to their own conclusions about issues and think critically about biases that may have influenced psychology. * Carefully designed chapter opening timelines place main events, names, and theories in a visual, chrological perspective of psychology's past and present *In their own words boxes display quotes made by famous psychologists and other scholars about psychological research and its applications * Checkpoints, chapter summaries and end-of-chapter key terms help students review and prepare for exams
- Author BiographyEric B. Shiraev is a professor and researcher at George Mason University. He received his PhD in political psychology from St Petersburg University, Russia, and completed a post-doctoral program at University of California, Los Angeles. He has extensive teaching and research experience at a number of distinguished universities both in the United States and abroad. Shiraev is the author, co-author, and/or co-editor of fourteen books and numerous publications in the fields of cross-cultural psychology, political psychology, and comparative studies. In addition to his teaching and scholarly pursuits, he also writes opinion essays for think-tanks, nongovernment organizations, and the media. Shiraev's research interests include: history of science, comparative history of psychology, cross-cultural psychology, historical theories of abnormal behavior, political psychology, folk beliefs, scientific foundations of spirituality, and psychology of social adjustment and immigration.
- Author(s)Eric B. Shiraev
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.