All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecommended by the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy as an exemplary informational text. Thousands of years-way before Christopher Columbus set sail-wandering tribes of hunters made their way from Asia across the Bering land bridge to North America. They didn't kw it, but they had discovered a New World. The First Americans is a fascinating re-creation of pre-Columbian Native American life, and it's an adventure of a lifetime! Hunt seals with the Inuit; harvest corn on a cliff-top mesa; hunt the mighty buffalo; and set sail with Leif Erickson, Columbus, and all the early great explorers-Cabot, Balboa, Ponce de Leon, Cortes, Henry the Navigator, and more-in this brilliantly told story of America before it was America. About the Series: Master storyteller Joy Hakim has excited millions of young minds with the great drama of American history in her award-winning series A History of US. Recommended by the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy as an exemplary informational text, A History of US weaves together exciting stories that bring American history to life. Hailed by reviewers, historians, educators, and parents for its exciting, thought-provoking narrative, the books have been recognized as a break-through tool in teaching history and critical reading skills to young people. In ten books that span from Prehistory to the 21st century, young people will never think of American history as boring again.
- Author BiographyJoy Hakim, a former teacher, editor, and writer won the prestigious James Michener Prize for her series, A History of US, which has sold over 4 million copies nationwide. A graduate of Smith College and Goucher College she spent years teaching students from elementary school up to the college level. She also served as an Associate Editor at Norfolk's Virginian-Pilot, and was an Assistant Editor at McGraw-Hill's World News.
- Author(s)Joy Hakim
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleA History of US
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note204 illus.
- Weight426 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.