About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first and most comprehensive look at the underground cartoonists and their work - lavishly illustrated, including comments and drawings by the cartoonists themselves and by members of the earlier generation that most influenced them. It includes the full story of the torious obscenity trial of Zap No. 4 including the panels. In the land that time forgot, 1960s and 1970s America (Amerika to some), there once were some bold, forthright, thoroughly unashamed social commentators who said things that couldn't be said and showed things that couldn't be shown. They were outrageous - hunted, pursued, hounded, arrested, busted, and looked down on by just about everyone in the mass media who deigned to tice them at all. They were cartoonists - underground cartoonists. And they were some of the cleverest, most interesting social commentators of their time, as well as some of the very best artists, whose work has influenced the visual arts right up until today. A History of Underground Comics is their story - told in their own art, in their own words, with connecting commentary and analysis by one of the very few media people who took them seriously from the start and detailed their worries, concerns and attitudes in broadcast media and, in this book, in print.
- Author BiographyMark James Estren is a nationally known journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner. He was named one of the People to Watch by Fortune magazine and is an executive producer (CBS and ABC News; also PBS). Estren was a major contributor to In a Word (Dell) and currently contributes to The Washington Post, Bottom Line newsletter group, and Journal of Animal Ethics.
- Author(s)Mark James Estren
- PublisherRonin Publishing
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRonin Publishing
- Content Noteb&w images throughout
- Weight771 g
- Width213 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement20th anniversary ed
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.