All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe events of the period 1485 - 1660 were decisive in the development of modern Wales and, in Hugh Thomas' first in the four-volume Welsh History Text Books series, students are presented with a scholarly, balanced and informative discussion. From the crowning of Henry Tudor as King of England in 1485 to the profoundly transformed religious, cultural and ecomic conditions at the end of the period under survey, Wales and Welsh society would stride forward in a committed partnership within a greater Britain.
- Author BiographyHugh Thomas was born in Ystalyfera in the Swansea Valley. Following study at the University College of Swansea, interrupted by the Second World War, he taught history at Llanidloes, Brecon, Swansea, and was principal lecturer at Barry College of Education on his retirement in 1980. A History of Wales 1485 - 1660 was first published in 1972 and has been continuously in print since that date as part of the Welsh History Text Book series spanning 1485 - 2000.
- Author(s)Thomas Hugh
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.