All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe scope of this in-depth study of the Pakistan Army is wide as the army has played a major part in the country's history. The author describes Pakistan's violent internal politics and erratic international relations with deep kwledge gained through long association with the country and its armed forces. Pakistan's wars with India are covered vividly, drawing on unpublished material and details from Indian as well as Pakistani sources. The country's resurrection under Zulfikar Ali Bhutto is described, as is the decade of dictatorship that followed his period in power. The story of its aftermath, when Pakistan grappled with unaccustomed democracy and verged on anarchy, is told with the aid of personal kwledge of many of the senior players. This fourth edition incorporates new chapters covering the Musharraf years, the effects on Pakistan of the war in Afghanistan and operations in the border region, the nuclear programme, relations with the US, and discussion of the Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence.
- Author BiographyBrian Cloughley is a commentator on political and military affairs, specializing in South Asia, and is South Asia defense analyst for IHS-Jane's Sentinel, a publication that provides 'country risk intelligence' for over 190 countries. He served in the British and Australian armies as an artillery officer and saw active service in Borneo with 42 Commando, Royal Marines; 1st Battalion Sarawak Rangers; and 4th Battalion of the Royal Australian Regiment. He also served as an intelligence officer in Cyprus at the end of colonial rule, on attachment with the Jordan Desert Police Force, as reconnaissance and survey officer in a nuclear missile regiment in Germany, and as a staff officer in the Australian army in Vietnam. His experience in South Asia included two years as deputy head of the UN military mission in Kashmir and over five years as Australian defense attache in Islamabad.
- Author(s)Brian Cloughley
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- LanguageEnglish & Sindhi
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note19 Maps, 20 Tables and 3 graphs
- Weight782 g
- Width146 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.