All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSt George's Chapel in Windsor Castle is one of the most famous buildings in the World, the venue for national pageant and ceremony since the Middle Ages. Created to be the architectural back-drop for the activities of the Order of the Garter, the pre-eminent chivalric order of medieval England, in modern times the chapel has become one of the country's premier tourist destinations. The stained glass of the chapel, dating from the early 16th century to the later 20th century, is one of its least familiar treasures. The chapel has always been served by the leading artist and craftsmen of the day and in designing for this most distinguished location, successive generations of glaziers have excelled themselves in the quality of their work. In this volume the history of the chapel's stained glass is explored by a team of distinguished stained glass historians and heraldic scholars for the first time, revealing a microcosm of English stained glass design across the centuries.
- Author BiographySarah Brown is currently Programme Curator at Leeds Art Gallery. She works with colleagues on all aspects of the collections and exhibitions programme. She has been responsible for the opening and launch of British Art Show 8 at Leeds Art Gallery in 2015 including major commissions with Martino Gamper, Ciara Philips and Linder Sterling with Northern Ballet. She has curated solo shows with Bruce McLean, Becky Beasley, Fiona Rae and Gary Hume. She has overseen major historic exhibitions including Henry Moore, Art and Life: exploring the work of Winifred and Ben Nicolson also shows with Marlow Moss, Claude Cahun and Mary Martin. She has commissioned work by Nike Savvas, Shezad Dawood and Sonia Boyce. She is responsible for the overall programme at Leeds Art Gallery and chairs the prestigious Northern Art Prize (2010-present) award.
- Author(s)Sarah Brown
- PublisherDean & Canons of Windsor
- Date of Publication24/01/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWindsor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDean & Canons of Windsor
- Content Note98 b/w and 20 col plates
- Weight644 g
- Width174 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.