All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the first in the American Wind Band series, is a comprehensive account of the development of the trombone, from its initial form as a 14th-century Medieval trumpet to its alterations in the 15th century; from its marginalized use in a particular Renaissance ensemble to its acceptance in various kinds of artistic and popular music in the 19th and 20th centuries. The book is fully illustrated with more than 80 images and includes an appendix of transcriptions of selected primary source documents with translations and a comprehensive bibliography.
- Author BiographyDavid M. Guion is a trombonist, musicologist, librarian, and freelance writer. He is the author of The Trombone: Its History and Music, 1697-1811 (1988) and has published articles in such journals as American Music, Early Music, Historic Brass Society Journal, Journal of Band Research, and Journal of Musicological Research.
- Author(s)David M. Guion
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication21/06/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAmerican Wind Band
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight976 g
- Width224 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.