All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA funny, exciting series for younger readers, by the bestselling Vivian French and David Melling. Sam J. Butterbiggins' only ambition is to be a Very Noble Knight, but he has a problem - he's been packed off to the castle next door to stay with his aunt, uncle and anying cousin Prune while his parents are away. But Sam's discovered an ancient scroll listing the six quests to be completed in order to become a knight, and he's already completed the first one! Now he's found his True Companion (Prune), next on the list is to track down a Sw White Steed. But when Aunt Egg orders Sam and Prune to journey to Weasel's Hill to deliver Horace the warthog back to his owner, it looks like the young knight-in-training looks will have to put his quest on hold. Or will he ...?
- Author BiographyVivian French is the author of over 250 children's books, including the wildly popular Tales from the Five Kingdoms and the Tiara Club series. She is consistently one of the top 30 most borrowed authors from UK libraries and has won many awards for her writing. She runs writing workshops, teaches at Edinburgh College of Art and mentors new writers and illustrators. Vivian is married, with four daughters and three grandchildren. Her favourite book is an empty notebook. David Melling's picture books, including The Kiss that Missed and Hugless Douglas, have taken the world by storm, and the first book in his young fiction series, Goblins, was shortlisted for the Waterstones Book Prize. Before becoming an internationally-acclaimed author-illustrator, David worked as an animation artist for films, including the much-loved Father Christmas by Raymond Briggs.
- Author(s)Vivian French
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleKnight in Training
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Weight110 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Melling
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.