All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMillbrooke Stables is a different place for 15-year-old Hilary Thompson. She's longer the girl next door, horseless, and obsolete. There's time to ride her beautiful horse, Promise, teach riding lessons, and keep up with highschool. It all changed two years before when she won the Jumping Finals aboard her beloved mustang. When an aortic aneurism took his life, Hilary vowed never to compete again. Her days seemed hopeless until Jeremy gave her a baby colt-and t just any colt-Satan's son. As Hilary's relationship with Satan's Promise blossoms, things with Jeremy seem to spiral backward. Hilary isn't sure what happened to their friendship and whether it's even salvageable. Is he back together with Elise-Hilary's nemesis-or have they simply grown apart? When Elise mysteriously packs up her horse and leaves Millbrooke, Hilary and her best friend, Amanda, set out to uncover the truth behind her disappearing act. In doing so Hilary learns about Amanda's tumultuous showing past and an even larger secret that could ruin their trust. Amidst horse shows and trying friendships Hilary faces scrutiny from her friends and family who think Promise should become a show horse. Is Hilary holding him back and will she overcome her painful past and make way for a future? Or will she give up and hand the reins to someone else? A Horse to Treasure teaches Hilary ather valuable life lesson about love, trust, and the things that matter the most.
- Author BiographyHutchings grew up in the Southeastern hills of Pennsylvania and was in the saddle before she could walk. When she wasn't in school, she was in the barn, riding, training or prepping for shows. At age fourteen her passion for horses met the pen and she wrote her first novel, A Horse to Remember. After graduating from the University of South Carolina with a BA in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications in May 2012, Hutchings wrote A Horse to Treasure for her loyal fans. She currently lives in Aiken, South Carolina where she trains horses for competition and shows in three-day eventing.
- Author(s)Juliana Hutchings
- PublisherLittle Egypt Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Egypt Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.