Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamously described by Schonberg as t a composer, but an inventor--of genius, John Cage (1912-1992) was one of the great strategists and pioneers of twentieth-century music and art. A House Full of Music celebrates Cage's one-hundredth birthday by examining 12 fundamental strategies through which art and music have informed each other: recording, collage, silence, destruction, calculation, coincidence, feeling, thought, belief, furnishing, repetition and playing. Starting with such key figures as Erik Satie, Marcel Duchamp, Nam June Paik and Joseph Beuys, this book conjoins essays by art and music theorists with works by artists, musicians and composers. This landmark publication on a century-long music circus features everyone from Arld Schonberg, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Iannis Xenakis, Carsten Nicolai and Robert Filliou to Laurie Anderson, Anri Sala, Einsturzende Neubauten, Frank Zappa and many others.
- PublisherHatje Cantz
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHatje Cantz
- Content Note350 colour illustrations
- Weight2744 g
- Width245 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byPeter Kraut,Ralf Beil
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.