All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionEric Carle's magnificent collage illustrations invite readers and viewers on a breathtaking underwater tour where brilliantly-colored sea creatures dazzle and delight the eye. His modern-day fable is both wise and simple; based on the true habits of the hermit crab, it t only introduces young readers to the wonder and beauty of the marine environment but also contains an encouraging message for small children facing the inevitable challenges of growing up. Hermit Crab's problem is that he keeps outgrowing things. When he outgrows his first shell-house, he's a bit scared. The next one he finds is big eugh -- but depressingly bare. To his happy surprise, all sorts of beautiful and useful undersea neighbors come to his aid and decorate and protect his home. Finally, the new house is perfect but w it, too, has become too small! Once again, Hermit Crab must move on. But this time he is t only bigger -- he is more self confident. While he is sorry to leave his friends and his familiar shell behind, he w sees the future as full of exciting possibilities. Children who must change schools, move to a new town, or even just be promoted to a higher grade will empathize with Hermit Crab's situation, and will take heart as they see that growing up is t really so alarming after all.
- Author(s)Eric Carle
- PublisherNeugebauer Press,U.S.
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorth Quincy, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNeugebauer Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width222 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.