All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNestled amid the lush, gently rolling hills of cattle and horse farms in Millbrook, New York, is a handsome Greek Revival house that looks like it's always been there. In fact, it is brand new - the collaborative effort of architect Peter Penyer and his wife, interior designer Katie Ridder. This irresistible book, exquisitely illustrated with photographs, finely rendered plans and hand-painted illustrations, tells the home's story. The design followed Penyer's conviction that historical examples are a springboard for the imagination and offer compelling solutions for new architecture. So, though many characteristics of the house are classical, and, more specifically, Greek Revival, it is also thoroughly contemporary and environmentally friendly, with an exuberantly colourful interior and spectacular gardens.
- Author BiographyPeter Pennoyer s eponymous firm is widely published and recognized for imaginative and elegant designs that draw from history and tradition. The firm is on the AD100 and Pennoyer is the winner of the Veranda Art of Design Award and the Frederic E. Church Award. He is a fellow of the American Institute of Architects and has written and lectured about architecture and style. Peter Pennoyer Architects has projects from Hong Kong to Newport, Rhode Island, and commissions for leading artists and tastemakers across the country. Katie Ridder has been included in the Top 100 lists of designers for House Beautiful, Elle Decor, and New York magazine. Her firm produces fabrics, wallpaper, and rugs of her design. Architectural historian and author Anne Walker has collaborated with Peter Pennoyer on four monographs on the history of 20th-century American architecture. Interiors photographer Eric Piasecki contributes to Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, and many other publications.
- Author(s)Anne Walker,Katie Ridder,Peter Pennoyer
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1790 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.