All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJudith Wright (1915-2000) is one of Australia's best loved, and essential, poets, devoted to place, responsive to landscape and to the violence done to the land and its inhabitants. As John Kinsella writes in his introduction, 'she looked inwards into Australia, and in doing so made the local...universal'. A Human Pattern, a selected poems she prepared after she had abandoned writing poetry in order to devote her time to fighting for Aboriginal rights and conservation, presents her best work from 1946 to her last collection, Phantom Dwelling (1986). Australia, alive with human and natural history, is vibrant in this selection. She is, John Kinsella writes, 'a poet of human contact with the land'. She speaks directly to our perennial concerns.
- Author BiographyJudith Wright (1915 - 2000) was an Australian poet, environmentalist and campaigner for human, especially Aboriginal, rights. Born in Armidale, New South Wales, she published many collections of poems and books of prose, including The Generations of Men, Preoccupations in Australian Poetry and Born of the Conquerors. Her Collected Poems (1994) and A Human Pattern: Selected Poems (1992) were published by Carcanet Press.
- Author(s)Judith Wright
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJohn Kinsella
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.