All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA bunch of scruffy urchin kids in the backstreets of Paris outwit thieves to uncover the whereabouts of millions of francs stolen from the Paris-Ventimiglia express. Gaby is the leader, but it is super-cool Marion with her collection of stray dogs who is the heart of the gang. It all begins when a local villain offers the children a fortune for their 'horse' - a headless rocking horse, given old tricycle wheels that they 'ride' down the steep cobbled street, but they don't want to part with it. Then, a few days later, the horse is stolen, and so begins an adventure that is full of twists and turns, leading to a satisfying conclusion when the villains receive their comeuppance.
- Author BiographyPaul Berna (real name Jean Sabran) was born in 1908 in Hyres, France. He was a journalist and writer in the 1930s, and from 1952 wrote children's books under the pseudonym Paul Berna. A Hundred Million Francs, which became his most famous book, was adapted into a film by Walt Disney, called The Horse without a Head. He was married with two sons. He died in Paris in 1994.
- Author(s)Paul Berna
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleA Puffin Book
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.