Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely book will teach you how to prepare and execute Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Emergency Survival Plans for your business, community, neighborhood and home. Written as both an easy to read book and easy to use workbook, you will learn how to ensure, as best you can, that your business stays in business after natural and man-made disasters. Although this book was written primarily for business owners who face repeated hurricane threats, it is equally applicable to home owners, renters and anyone who is vulnerable to all types of disasters that could threaten your life or livelihood. This must have book encourages you to TAKE ACTION and get others to take action to prepare for the best outcome possible when faced with the uncertainties of life in our modern world.
- Author BiographyChristine Roux is the President of I.T. By The Sea, LLC. She has been working in the IT field for over twenty-five years helping home users, small and medium businesses with their computers and their networks. She was born and raised in Paris, France and holds three Masters' in French Law, Criminal Sociology, and Information and Communication Sciences from the Pantheon Sorbonne University in Paris. She passed with Honors the Paris Bar, and worked as an Attorney in Paris until she decided to relocate to Buenos Aires, Argentina. In the early 1980s, she was teaching English as a Second Language for a company in Buenos Aires, Argentina whilst she was studying to revalidate her degrees. One day, her classroom computer broke ten minutes before she had to begin teaching a class consisting of eight high level executives. She looked around and realized it was up to her to fix the computer. Not only did she manage to do it, with the help of a couple of friends on the phone, but she discovered that she was fascinated with computers. A month later, she was fixing all the other teachers' computers. Six months later, she was taking care of the whole corporate network and she kept administrating and managing it for over fifteen years. In 1997, she came to the US and went back to school, at age 45, to learn more about the whys and the hows of computers and networks. Christine now holds a Bachelors' degree with a major in Computer Information Technology (CIT), and a Masters' degree in CIT with a Specialization in Networking. She did all her graduate work, including her Masters' Project on Networking and Virtualization. She also holds several Vendor and Vendor-neutral certifications: COMPTIA A+, COMPTIA Network+, COMPTIA Security+, COMPTIA IT Project+, Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. Christine is perfectly trilingual, with English being her third language after French and Spanish. She also studied Italian, German, Portuguese, Arabic, Quechua and Guarani. She is a gifted Public Speaker who manages to both educate and entertain even when dealing with the driest technical topics. Christine started I.T. By The Sea, after several years in the academic world, because she was appalled by the stories she was hearing about the way so many computer technicians treat their clients. She wanted to create a company that made it clear to all their clients that they cared about them, about their computers, about their networks and about their business. She is proud to say, That is what our clients actually say about us.
- Author(s)Christine F Roux
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.