All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom A to Z, stunning color photographs depict everyday life in Nigeria, where the author-photographer grew up but the images pictured also represent the rich diversity of Africa, and the warm family ties and traditional village life found throughout this vast colorful continent. A talented photographer, Onyefulu [offers] and incisive, sophisticated view of her homeland s rich heritage. Publishers Weekly Visually appealing. Kirkus Reviews
- Author BiographyIfeoma Onyefulu was brought up in a traditional village in Eastern Nigeria. After completing a business management course, she trained as a photographer, contributing to a number of magazines. Ifeoma's highly acclaimed children's books are renowned for countering negative images of Africa by celebrating its traditional village life. Her work has been admired at many exhibitions. A is for Africa, her first book, was chosen as one of Child Education's Best Information Books and Junior Education's Best Books. She has twice won the Children's Africana Book Award: Best Book for Young Children in the USA for Here Comes Our Bride! in 2005 and for Ikenna Goes to Nigeria in 2008.
- Author(s)Ifeoma Onyefulu
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/1999
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Out-of-print date29/01/2010
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width276 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementOpen market ed
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.