All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionSandra is a Jewish girl, studying theatre arts at Rutgers College and more interested in dating around than diving into a serious relationship. Don is a wrestler, a guitar player who loves hanging around the girls' dormitory and is a Presbyterian. He keeps a toothbrush in his back pocket at all times because he never kws what might turn up. When this Jewish girl and t-so-Jewish boy meet, what turns up is an entertaining, interfaith relationship that brings new challenges and plenty of heartfelt moments. But Sandra M. Z. Armstrong's memoir is more than an endearing love story-it's a straightforward, layperson's guide to understanding, adopting, and practicing Judaism. Whether you are currently in-or considering-an interfaith relationship or simply want to learn more about Judaism, this book is a source of inspiration for anyone struggling to achieve religious balance. You will find her descriptions of Shabbat, festivals, celebrations, and community connections as accessible ways to gradually adopt and implement a Jewish lifestyle. Find out how Sandra and Don make it work, then see if you can too. By the end, you may be inspired to write about your own spiritual journey.
- Author BiographySandra M. Z. Armstrong is a special education preschool teacher in Hawaii. She holds a bachelor's degree in speech communications from Rutgers University and a special education teacher's degree from Chaminade University and Hawaii's Department of Education Arlise program. Upon her husband Donald's retirement from Wall Street, they moved from New Jersey to Hawaii, where he is the president of Congregation Sof Ma'arav, and she is the welcoming chair. Donald and Sandra were honorees at the Jewish Community Services Annual Volunteer Recognition Dinner in 2013 and are noted for regularly hosting special events, services, and holiday celebrations for Oahu's Jewish community. Opening doors and welcoming all is their mission both in their congregation and in their home.
- Author(s)Sandra M Z Armstrong
- PublisherSandra M.Z. Armstrong
- Date of Publication08/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSandra M.Z. Armstrong
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.