All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a near-future, half-flooded world governed by techbureaucracy and ultraconformity, where human contact is abhorrent and passion unheard of, William Fowke already has a reputation as a trouble-maker. And w he insists that the Wall - the engineering marvel that keeps what remains of America's East Coast from being inundated by the Atlantic Ocean - is leaking. Convicted of sedition and 'excluded', Fowke begins a horrific, thrilling odyssey through a nether world of gulags. With the exception of agent Julia Keller, who arrested him, everyone is hostile, including his former bosses and fellow prisoners, leaving Fowke excluded even by the excluded. And desperate to get back to his threatened Wall to sound the alarm.
- Author BiographyDAVID ELY is the author of several novels, including Seconds (which was made into a movie starring Rock Hudson), and two acclaimed short story collections. His writing has appeared in The Atlantic, Playboy and Kenyon Review.
- Author(s)David Ely
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPortobello Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.