A Journey from New York to Montreal: By Way of Saratoga Springs and Niagara Falls in the Year 1824 (Classic Reprint) by Frank D Andrews (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Lonely Planet Tasmania by Meg Worby, Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Anthony Ham (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $21.31New
- AU $14.10New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $43.37
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $25.42
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $38.97
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $21.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.49
- AU $22.36Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from A Journey From New York to Montreal: By Way of Saratoga Springs and Niagara Falls in the Year 1824 The manuscript record of a journey from New York to Montreal, by way of Saratoga Springs and Niagara Falls in 1824, is written on twenty-four pages of a memorandum or copy book of that period. The spelling of a few words have been corrected, otherwise the manuscript has been quite closely followed. The record seems to be of sufficient interest to put in printed form giving as it does an account of a visit to the Indian settlements of the Buffalo and Tuscarora tribes, and an interesting description of an election in Canada. The name of the writer of the manuscript or any member of the party who made the journey with him does t appear, he is, however, believed to have been a resident of Philadelphia. The inconvenience to which the party were subjected by the slow method of travel in 1824 presents a marked contrast to the rapidity, ease and comfort the route may be covered today. An edition of one hundred and ten copies only, have been printed, part of which will be distributed to, or exchanged with historical societies and libraries. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Frank D Andrews
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.