All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake a journey in a hot air balloon to see the world differently. Open your heart, drop your fears, relax and get in touch with your feelings. This colorfully illustrated interactive journal with a delightful story line has been used to help children of all ages express their emotions and feel better about themselves and the world through writing, drawing, and symbols. This fully updated and expanded edition is overflowing with new stories and activities to unleash creative expression and allow images to do the talking. A Journey in The Moon Balloon(R) is an indispensable tool for parents, teachers, counsellors, art therapists, health care professionals and all those concerned with bringing emotional healing to children.
- Author BiographyJoan Drescher has explored how art heals the body, mind and spirit for more than twenty years. Her unique and colourful murals answer the need to humanize the healthcare environment and are found in major hospitals throughout the USA and Canada. As a recent Artist in Residence at the Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Joan has brought light and reassurance to the bedside of hundreds of hospitalized children and their families. She is the Director of the non profit The Moon Balloon Project (R), Building Healing Bridges for Children Through the Arts in Medicine (www.TheMoonBalloonProject.org). She has authored and illustrated twenty-five children's book, including Wings of Light with Dr. Joan Borysenko. Joan is a fellow at the Lesley University Institute for Mind, Body and Spirituality in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She is a certified Spiritual Director from the Claritas Institute for Inter-spiritual Inquiry in Boulder, Colorado. She is a Gallery Artist at the South Shore Art Center in Cohasset, Massachusetts. Her prints and paintings can be seen at www.joandrescher.com.
- Author(s)Joan Drescher
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout in full colour
- Weight476 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joan Drescher
- Foreword byJoan Z. Borysenko
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.