All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.03
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.76
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.36
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionRichly illustrated with maps, historical and contemporary photographs, and period artwork, this guidebook takes tourists and armchair travelers on a stimulating journey through the small towns, rolling hills, and windswept coast of Flaubert's Normandy. The velist's homes and the locations that are prominently featured in his controversial works are the focus of this pictorial travel guide, and include the ancient town of Rouen, where Flaubert was born in 1821; the resort town of Trouville and its frequently painted beach; Croisset, where Flaubert's riverside house gave him the refuge to write; and the quiet country town of Ry, which claims to be where the real Madame Bovary lived and died.
- Author BiographySusannah Patton has written for the Associated Press, the Boston Herald, the Dallas Morning News, Time magazine, and The Wall Street Journal. She lives in Albany, California.
- Author(s)Susannah Patton
- PublisherRoaring Forties Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2007
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleArtPlace
- Place of PublicationBerkley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Forties Press
- Content Notecolour & black and white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width190 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.