All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fourth Gospel is among the most beloved and enigmatic pieces of early Christian literature. Although this Gospel has been exhaustively analyzed, portions of it remain baffling. Among its more elusive texts are the narratives describing the ainting of Jesus' feet by Mary of Bethany (Jn 12:1-8) and Jesus' resurrection appearance to Mary Magdalene (Jn 20:11-18). By demonstrating that the Song of Songs is the matrix for these narratives, this study t only resolves several puzzling details, but also opens a fresh dimension in Fourth Gospel research. The investigation largely relies on literary critical techniques and breaks important new ground in Johannine studies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ann Roberts Winsor received her Ph.D. in Biblical studies from the Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley. Dr. Winsor has taught Biblical spirituality and New Testament at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific in Berkeley. She is a priest of the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of California as well as a spiritual director and is presently interim Dean and Rector at Trinity Cathedral in San Jose, California.
- Author(s)Ann Roberts Winsor
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.