A Ladder in the Dark: My Journey from Bullying to Self-Acceptance. by Alan Eisenberg (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFORGET LEXINGTON! I dug a deep hole in the back of my mind to place a shoebox of all the bullying memories that happened to me growing up in Lexington, Massachusetts. By making this hole and burying these memories, I hoped to forget what had happened to me and move forward with my life. I covered the hole with a lid and spray-painted the words ANXIETY and DEPRESSION. DO NOT OPEN! But memories don't just go away ... This true and inspirational story of Alan Eisenberg's life offers a raw and honest portrait of a bullying survivor and takes you on a journey that, in the end, leads to recovery and solutions to help heal from the trauma of the long-term effects of bullying. The issue of the long-term effects that bullying has on people is brought to life through Alan's story and how he tried to suppress the childhood trauma brought on by bullying, but finally had to confront it when anxiety, self-esteem issues, and finally depression set in. How childhood bullying affects us into our adult years. In his quest to find answers to what happened in his early life, Alan shares his discoveries of what Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) is. How to recognize it's symptoms. Alan also shares how he learned to make peace with the past in order to move forward and t let it haunt him any longer.
- Author BiographyAlan is the founder and Managing Director of Bullying Recovery, LLC, whose mission it is to help those who suffer from the long-term effects of bullying (Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or C-PTSD) find the help they so desperately need by providing media, materials and support through links to seek and receive the help. He is a graduate in Communication Studies from Virginia Tech and has been producing video, print, and multimedia material for over 25 years, including several PTSD training products. Alan has also been a writer his whole life. He is a survivor of youth bullying and has turned that experience into being an anti-bullying activist and blogger. In 2007, Alan started his blog site about the long-term effects of bullying. Since it's inception, the site has had well over a million visitors. Alan has been featured in The Boston Globe on NPR and several other podcasts discussing the issue of bullying. More recently, Alan has written a biography of his experience dealing with the C-PTSD, anxiety, and depression that developed due to the years of bullying he experienced as a youth. Alan is married and the proud father of two grown young men.
- Author(s)Alan Eisenberg
- Date of Publication17/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.