All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
About this product
- DescriptionA LASTING RECORD tells the unique true story of two separate but interconnected lives: New Yorker William Kapell, America's greatest home-grown concert pianist, and Roy Preston, Melbourne-based Myer cosmetics salesman and classical music aficionado. Kapell and Preston are united by one single acetate, containing a Chopin sonata recorded by Roy from Kapell's last concert in the regional Australian city of Geelong. With a mix of detective work and imagation, from this single acetate, Stephen Downes tells a spellbinding tale of the greatest pianist who almost never was, and his eccentric and passionate fan.
- Author BiographyStephen Downes is the author of several books including Blackie and Adagio for a Simple Clarinet.
- Author(s)Stephen Downes
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width208 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.