All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2007 book assists the practitioner seeking to enforce a foreign judgment in the United States or a US-rendered judgment abroad in navigating the lack of procedural uniformity that exists and in planning strategies likely to ensure effective enforcement. As a handbook, it provides the practitioner with a framework and resources with which to approach and further research the laws of the relevant state or country. In Part One, the guide takes the practitioner chrologically through the process of obtaining a US court's recognition and enforcement of judgments rendered abroad. Part Two takes the practitioner through the process of obtaining an overseas jurisdiction's recognition and enforcement of judgments rendered in the United States. Part Three assesses the current trends in the US and in the international trade environment regarding enforcement of judgments which may be made by foreign courts.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Lutz is Professor of Law at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, California. He has held the Treusch and Buchalter Chairs at the law school and teaches a wide range of public international law, international commercial law and dispute-resolution subjects. He is a member of the American Law Institute, the Pacific Council on International Policy (affiliate of the Council on Foreign Relations), and a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. He arbitrates public international and private international commercial disputes, and actively serves on NAFTA binational arbitration panels and is a listed panelist for the World Trade Organization. He has authored numerous articles, books and legislation including a leading textbook which he co-authored called International Environment Law & Policy (Aspen, 1998).
- Author(s)Robert E. Lutz
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight1100 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.