Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1925 Gotham, New Jersey, former police officer turned private investigator Jackson Sergeivich Petrov must begin again after being convicted the prior year and recently pardoned for crimes he did t commit. Taking his first case from local retired railroad vice-president Joshua Sloane to shadow the old man's estranged younger wife, seeming like possible marital infidelity, Jack discovers something more sinister scratching the surface. Aided by intrepid social worker Annie Mertz, former Gotham Police Department mentor turned retired book dealer Willy Krauss, and former fellow patrolman promoted to detective Dennis Dooley, Jack shadows Helena Egeresi Sloane and soon discovers she is t merely a young femme fatale/golddigger. The lady is in fact a 331-year-old vampire who claims kinship with an infamous biological grandmother, the 17th Century Hungarian Countess Elizabeth Bathory-Nadasy, continuing that aristocrat's vile tradition of drinking and bathing in human blood to maintain an extended lifespan and the bloom of youth. Helena practices kidnapping and murder to maintain her lifespan in the 20th Century, these acts concealed by Gotham's crime rate. Only hereditary Russian-American vampire hunter Jack Petrov can halt this woman's murderous blood legacy.
- Author BiographyJohn X. Grey is the pen name of writer Edwin Ray Haney, a Southern Ohio native who still lives in his hometown but considers himself a misfit outsider there living in parts unknown or terra incognita. He has written more than 100 short fiction pieces from flash to novella length, some poetry and 10 novels since August 1999, some of his fiction and poems appearing in 45 different anthologies by September 2011. This vampire (or perhaps it should be labeled vampire hunter) noir horror novel was first written during 2004 with several revisions over the past seven years until ready to publish. It is intended as the first in an eventual series featuring the career and life of one Jackson Sergeivich Petrov, a hard-boiled cynical man who was briefly imprisoned for crimes he did not commit after refusing to join Gotham's corrupt official culture. Jack also often seems isolated in facing supernatural evil even with some occasional allies, having inherited an instinct for fighting and destroying such evil, especially vampires, from his late maternal Russian grandfather. This novel is John X. Grey's second self-published work with CreateSpace, and the author hopes it showcases his versatility in horror as in science-fiction with the novel Worldjumpers.
- Author(s)John X Grey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.