All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSold in packs of 25, the workbook sets are ideally suited for A level class teachers, and heads of sixth forms or colleges, who want their classes to benefit from the A level mindset and are using The A Level Mindset.Successful students approach their studies with the right behaviours, skills and attitudes: they understand how to learn and revise effectively, they're determined and organised, they give more discretionary effort and they get top results. Success at A level is a result of character, t intelligence. The A Level Mindset Student Workbook offers students a structured way to work through the 40 activities in The A Level Mindset (ISBN 978-178583024-2) by Steve Oakes and Martin Griffin. It coaches students to develop the key characteristics which will help them be successful at A level: vision, effort, systems, practice and attitude.With space for students to record and reflect on their answers, along with plenty of advice for improvement and self-development based on the authors' experience as heads of a successful sixth form, the student workbook is an essential tool to help students with their time management, commitment, motivation and study habits - which will ultimately help them achieve.
- Author BiographySteve Oakes is assistant director of sixth form at The Blue Coat School in Oldham, where he has worked with his A Level Mindset co-author, Martin Griffin, for the past eight years. For each of the last five years, progress measures have placed AS and A level students at The Blue Coat School in the top 10 per cent nationally. Together with Martin, Steve has developed and delivered an extensive range of consultancy courses; including work for both the London and Manchester Challenge Programme to improve sixth forms across the country. Martin Griffin has 20 years' experience teaching post-16 students, and has been a head of faculty, assistant head teacher and deputy head teacher. He was the director of sixth form at The Blue Coat School, a twice Ofsted-outstanding comprehensive sixth form where student progress is among the top 10 per cent in the country. He works with schools and colleges to design and implement character development and mindset programmes.
- Author(s)Martin Griffin,Steve Oakes
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Contained items statementContains 25 Paperbacks
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.