All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Life Not with Standing chronicles the adventures-by turns exhilarating, agonizing and amorous-of an iron lung alumna. It shatters stereotypes about people with disabilities, enabling others to view disability with pride, t prejudice. It celebrates family, faith, music, perseverance, idealism and indignation. But most of all, A Life Not with Standing tells a story beyond Chava Willig Levy's polio chronicle: how calamities can befall incent people and how those calamities can evolve into and, in fact, become ingredients of and prerequisites for ensuing joy.
- Author BiographyChava Willig Levy is an award-winning author, editor, advocate and motivational speaker with a particular interest in childhood, parenthood, Judaism, music, disability and the quality of life. Millions of people have read Ms. Levy's articles, featured in national publications including Family Circle, Woman's Day, Ladies' Home Journal, Parents Magazine, Jewish Action and McCall's. Her website, www.chavawilliglevy.com, showcases her lectures, workshops and publications. She has a second website, www.a-life-not-with-standing.com, devoted exclusively to her memoir. An internationally known motivational speaker famous for her humor, passion and compassion, Ms. Levy has captivated audiences ranging in size from 30 to 3,000. As a person who gets around in a motorized wheelchair, she has shattered many stereotypes about people with disabilities, be they in the workplace, in the community, in the classroom or on the college campus. Ms. Levy's interactive workshop- Mommy, What's Wrong with That Lady? -has delighted hundreds of young people, ranging in age from four to fourteen. Ms. Levy received a B.A. in French literature from Yeshiva University's Stern College for Women and an M.A. in rehabilitation counseling from Columbia University. She pursued doctoral studies in counseling psychology at New York University. Her positions in the public sector and the corporate arena include vocational counselor, management trainer and communications consultant. Ms. Levy lives on Long Island with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Chava Willig Levy
- Date of Publication04/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.