CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionFirst in Epic 7-part Series: Love and Loss, Celebrity and Secrets The Endless Pursuit of Love and Wisdom In essence a love story, A Life Singular is a seven-part contemporary fiction serial. Recipient of a WILDsound Review Award (November 2015), official selection for the New Apple Awards for Literary Fiction (October 2015) and a Shelf Unbound Notable Book of 2014 (December 2014), A Life Singular - Part One follows a successful rock star while he writes his autobiography after the tragic loss of his soul-mate. The books' themes are triumph over mental illness, the choices we make between right and wrong, and how one affects the other over the relentless passage of time. Sales proceeds go to two Australian n-profit organisations assisting young people with their education: EdConnect Australia and The Smith Family. Dealing with some of the more complex social justice issues of our age, the universal theme of love and our fascination for celebrity spirit the reader behind the scenes of a superstar family who are plunged into grief, proving that there are always many sides to a story we see in the media. The important events in our public lives are always overshadowed by the backstory's real truth. What do you do when you lose the one who gave your life meaning? You write about it. You tell the world how amazing it is to love and be loved by someone so special, what love helps you achieve and how it makes you stronger. Jeff Diamond had built a life of influence, adulation and wealth by making the right choices for the right reasons. He lived by the law of reciprocity, a lesson learned on the streets as a teenager with thing but an unquenchable thirst for kwledge. Plagued by the scars of a violent childhood, he created his vision and fought for it. And once he longer needed to fight for himself, he fought for others. Yet when Jeff's dream girl was taken from him and their children by the igrant act of a jealous misfit from his own home town, the millionnaire realised just how far he had come. Why had he succeeded when so many like him fail? It wasn't complicated. The secret lay in the endless pursuit of love and wisdom; life's two magic ingredients. Now Lynn was gone, he resolved to use his remaining days to account for their life in a way that would inspire young people to make his type of choice rather than Garcia's. Then after their story was written, he would be free to go after her, to begin the whole incredible journey over again. Everyone has a life singular: one; unique; extraordinary. 5* Reviews - A Wonderful Series Begins Here! This was a great read with zero lags. A good portion of this book centered around finding the person responsible for a high profile murder and then the subsequent court trial. It was hard for me to put this book down at night as I wanted to kw what would happen next. I definitely recommend this author as rarely does a book keep me as interested as this one did. A Wonderful Series Begins Here! The characters are well created and there is plenty of details to give this story the layers needed to keep one reading. The author has the ability to move the reader through the emotions being experienced, from love to anguish to feelings raked raw, the reader has his finger on the pulse of what is going on (said and unsaid) with each character. A beautiful tale of true love, devastating loss and the pain of rebuilding a new life from the emotional ashes. A Life Singular by Lorraine Pestell is an emotionally charged, eloquently written struggle of one man's journey through the steps of loss and grief when he loses his best friend and wife to a gunman's bullet. The Diamond family had it all, shared love and respect, wealth, beauty and fame, a fairy tale life to the world who adored them.
- Author BiographyLorraine Pestell was born in London and has had a successful career as an IT professional in the UK, US, Europe, Singapore, and more recently Australia. She currently resides in Melbourne, Victoria, and began her literary journey in 2008. Although working full-time, Lorraine finds that volunteering time and energy to those less fortunate is an effective antidote to life-long depression and the symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sales proceeds from her writing go to two Australian non-profit organizations assisting disadvantaged young people with their education: EdConnect Australia and The Smith Family. The idea for A Life Singular originated in her teens, and has developed over forty years as her life's work; an invaluable therapeutic vehicle for her personal experience and to unpick life's more complex and controversial social justice issues. Lorraine has two main goals for her writing: first, to encourage fellow sufferers of mental illness to rise above their symptoms; and second, to encourage non-sufferers to tolerate, support and even love those afflicted in their quest to live normal lives.
- Author(s)Lorraine Pestell
- PublisherLorraine Pestell
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLorraine Pestell
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.