Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
About this product
- DescriptionA Life at the Centre is the absorbing story of a man who combined a wide social and literary milieu with a political panache that nearly made him Prime Minister. Jenkins led a life of variety and drama, from Enigma ciphers in the war, to the Chancellorship of Oxford and the Exchequer, as well as putting a liberalising stamp on the 1960s as a reforming Home Secretary. Jenkins, increasingly disillusioned by the leftward drift of the Labour Party, resigned and moved to become President of the European Union. On his return from Brussels, he helped launch the Social Democratic Party, returned to Parliament after victory at Glasgow Hillhead, and then went on to the House of Lords, where he was leader of the Liberal Democrats.
- Author BiographyRoy Jenkins found the time to write major biographies on Balfour, Dilke, Asquith, Attlee, Baldwin and Truman, and many other important books. He was widely known and respected as a statesman, politician and man of letters. He died in January 2003.
- Author(s)Roy Jenkins
- PublisherMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication17/07/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolitico's Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.